Friday, April 23, 2010

Ocianne's Third Birthday

I can't believe how fast the last three years have gone!  My baby girl is no more a baby!  She will be starting preschool in the fall and she can't wait!  She has been wanting to go to school for a year now and we keep telling her she can go when she is three....so why can't she start now?  She is so grown up for her age in so many ways.  She wanted her own makeup so I bought her some eyeshadow and she has to wear it every day and put it on when I put mine on!  Easter morning she wanted to put it on before going out to do the Easter Egg Hunt.  She was all upset when I told her there wasn't time.  What am I raising!  I tell her she is just like her grandma Shauna!  We do have a few guidelines, like no makeup to church and there will be no makeup at school either!  She loves to dress up.  She is always dressed up like one of the princesses!  It varies from month to month.  Right now she is always Ariel.  She always refers to me as Belle when she is a princess and I am to call her by the name of the princess she is dressed as or she corrects me by saying, "Mom, I am not Oci, call me..."  She cracks me up!  Sometimes she drives me crazy but that is usually when she is acting like me!  She is a lot like me in so many ways it is scary!  She loves to talk my ear off, especially in the car!  And when I am not listening she try's to get Dexton to listen.  A funny story about this is when we were in St. George over Easter.  We were driving in the car and Oci kept on saying, "Dexton!"  He finally responded by saying, "Oci, I am not talking to you any more!  For the rest of the trip I am not going to talk to you in the car!"  She sat there for a minute all upset.  Then she yelled at the top of her lungs, "DEXTON!"  Kevin and I just busted out laughing!  Dexton started laughing too!  She stuck out her lip and said, "Stop laughing at me!"  She is such a sweet girl and she is definitely all girl!  We love her so much!

For her Birthday she wanted an American Girl doll like her cousins!  We bought her a doll and few clothes to go with it.  Probably her favorite part was the bag full of accessories for her dolls hair.  Grandma Debbie bought her a beauty station for her doll.  It came with pretend nail polish and stickers for her dolls nails.  She calls it her "tollish"!  Grandma Shauna and Aunt Michelle bought her the Strawberry Shortcake Berry Cafe and some of the accessories to go with it.  She is definitely spoiled!  She also wanted an Ariel cake and insisted that Ariel be in her pink dress, not her shells!  She got it, it only cost me an arm and a leg and going back to the store twice because the first one fell!  Luckily they took the fault for it falling and made me a new one for free!
Happy Third Birthday Ocianne!




Opening gifts!






The Ariel Cake!



No comments: