Friday, April 23, 2010

My Second Half Marathon

I ran my first half marathon back in November 2009.  It was the Snow Canyon half in St. George.  It didn't go so well for me.  I wasn't dressed right so I was hot and it was a lot harder than I had expected.  So when my Mom asked me back in January to run in the Salt Lake City half marathon this April I wasn't all that jazzed.  I agreed to do it though because I decided I needed to do it at least twice just to see if it was really that bad or if it would be a better experience going into it a little more prepared this time.  I have to admit, it was a lot better!  I new what I was getting into and I trained really hard for it!  I know it was hard on Kevin to let me go run for three hours every Saturday, but it made a huge difference!  I ran the entire race!  I had to stop a little toward the end to stretch my knee.  I was so mad!  My knee didn't bother me the entire time I trained but the last three miles my knee started aching!  Oh well, a quick stop and I was on my way again.  There was no way I was going to walk across the finish line!  Kevin and the kids came to cheer me and my Mom on.  My Dad was there too!  However, about a minute before I crossed the finish line the first marathoner crossed, it was a big deal.  He finished in like 2 and a half hours.  So Kevin and my Dad missed me.  They were too busy talking about the marathoner!  Oh well!  I finished in 2 hours 22 minutes.  Not too shabby!  My Mom finished a little behind me.  We had a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Christiansen's said...

I am impressed, I think I would fall over dead after 2 miles. That is so fun that you and your Mom did it together. By the way, Oci's cake turned out darling, glad they were able to get you a new one just on time for the party!

David and Liz Barham said...

I'm so glad I found you guys! I'd love to see what's going on in your life! I can't believe how big Oci and Dexton are, its crazy. Congrats on your half marathon! I'm totally impressed :]

Jacy said...

Wow! I can't believe you did this! I wouldn't last 10 minutes! It inspires me to get out my running shoes!!!! Great job! : )