Friday, May 13, 2011

Gabby Five Months Old





 This picture is of Gabrielle's first feeding.  As you can see she didn't really like her rice cereal all that well!  She got more of it on her clothes than in her mouth.  All of my kids haven't liked rice cereal and I guess Gabby didn't want to break the mold.  She really liked all vegetables and sweet potatoes but didn't seem to care for fruit any more than she did the rice cereal.  After a few weeks I tried the rice cereal again with some fruit mixed in and she decided it wasn't so bad.  She now eats very well.  She eats a large bowl of cereal and fruit every morning and two jars of vegetables every evening.  It takes a lot of work to keep those legs looking good!  I love her little rolls!  At her four month check up the doctor mentioned that her head was looking a little flat and had me take her into a physical therapist to have it evaluated.  The physical therapist determined that she didn't need to wear a helmet but that I really need to work on getting her to sit and roll over.  She  also gave me a lot of other advise to help me keep her off her head.  My job got harder as the kids were still in school and I had a lot of running around to do.  I had to make sure I got her out of her car seat at every opportunity.  This meant that at the grocery store I had to put her in a baby carrier because she wasn't able to sit up in the cart.  All the hard work paid off because at her six month appointment the doctor said her head was rounding out.  Gabrielle has been such a blessing in our lives.  She has been a very sweet and easy going baby.  Her little personality is starting to show and it is so fun to watch her grow! 

No comments: