Friday, July 2, 2010

My Dreaded 3oth Birthday

Monterey California
I have been scared to turn 30 for the last two years!  When I was turning 28 I thought it was my 30th Birthday!  I guess I just wanted to get it over with or something.  My Mom was the one who reminded me that I was only 28 that year.  My sweet Husband who knew how much I was dreading this and planned an amazing trip for the two of us. We drove to LA to spend a couple of days with Darren and Lacey because Kevin and the boys were going to a Dodger vs Yankee game with his Dad.  I was able to go shopping with Lacey and spend some time with her while the guys were at the game.  We had a great time.  We then headed  North up the PCH, a dream of Kevin's to drive.  I was worried I would get car sick being that I was pregnant but other than being jerked around here and there I did fine.  We stopped off at Hearst Castle on our way.  It is an amazing Castle built on a hill top in the middle of nothing but fields.  Other than the view of the ocean, it reminded me of the land of Scipio.  I couldn't help but suggest to Kevin that maybe he could build his French Chateau on Todd's Scipio property one day!  We had a great time touring the castle.  We then finished our drive up the PCH to Monterey CA.  We arrived that evening at our hotel and went to dinner at a delicious Mexican restaurant.   We loved the town of Monterey.  It is a quaint little town with a lot of unique shops and restaurants.  We spent the next day, my birthday, walking around the Fisherman's Wharf and eating lunch at Bubba Gumps.  That night we went to a great French restaurant for dinner and to a movie.  It was a very relaxing vacation and we had a wonderful time together.  I love you honey!  Thanks for making me feel special and planning such a wonderful vacation! And a great BIG thanks to the Grandma's who were willing to watch the two little ones while we were gone!
Kevin at the Dodger vs Yankee Game

Driving up the PCH
Hearst Castle
Outdoor Pool at Hearst Castle           

Indoor Pool at Hearst Castle



Lunch at Bubba Gumps

Fisherman's Wharf
The sea lions stunk so bad!

No comments: