Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Burk Family Vacation

Well, as I stated below, we started our two week vacation with the Neilson family. The Burk family vacation just happened to be planned the very next week. The kids and I didn't even come back home to take a break. Kevin drove home from Scipio on Sunday night with Darren to work for a few day's before meeting up with us in California. Lacey drove from Scipio with me to California to help me with the kids. We dropped Lacey off in LA on Monday and took a break for a few hours. Then the kids and I drove the rest of the way down to San Clemente to meet up with my family. We spent the next three day's at the beach trying to recoup from being away from home for sooooo long. Kevin flew in on Thursday night and Lacey picked him up from the airport and they met up with us at the beach house. On Friday we went to Sea World and had a blast! Saturday was our last day at the beach with my family. We loved hanging out at the beach! We spent hours there! We met up with Darren and Lacey that night in LA and went down to the pier at Santa Monica on rode a few rides. On Monday night we went to a Dodger game and had a blast! We headed home that night. All together we drove over 2,500 miles with the kids. Amazingly, they were great! Needless to say, we had a wonderful summer and lots of fun! Now we are all trying to get back to real life!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

we missed you while you were gone! Itlooks like not only did you pack it in, but had so much fun. I love all the beach pictures! Kids covered with sand equals summer in my book! Welcome home!

Mike and Timette said...

HOW fun, I am glad you joined the blogging world. Your pictures are great. It really is a lot of fun to Blog. You will have to make sure you make a book each year, it is totally worth it.